Tuesday, January 13, 2009

January Update...




(Dave's January Update)
So it turns out I go Beth a camera for her bday and she got me the 'muse'. He's quite handsome I must say. Greyson is now 5lbs, enjoys playing fetch, wet food, grey pretend mice and short bouts of insanity.

Beth and Dave Update:

Weather: A Chinook is blowing through town so the weather is warm today.

Sports and Leisure: We have been out skiing a few times since we saw you and my sister is in town this weekend so we'll take her out on the slopes again. Bethany is turning into quite the expert snow boarder. I'm still coming to grips with the speed she likes to go down the hill (mostly because my toes get cold waiting) but her technique is top notch and she will likely not hurt herself. Fun thing, on Thursday I am going to the gun range to shoot handguns with my friend Joe. He is Calgarian by birth and enjoys the 'cowboy culture' as he calls it and I am game to try. Hockey and vball are keeping me active during the week while Beth hits yoga class and plans fun events with "the girls". We've been also hitting the weights together since the holidays as I gained weight and Beth lost weight so we are trying to trade. It's also time to start on the indoor bike training so I dont lose all that I worked on last year. I think I'll be aiming to do some shorter (3hr vs. 7day) mountain bike races this summer to stay competitive. Apparently sports and leisure make up a large part of the excitement around here.

House and Crafts: Beth has been making some fun cards lately with her stamp clubbers..the Valentine's '09 collection are quite nice. No new furniture projects for me: A tragedy occurred as the dining room table now has a big crack down the middle of it. Apparently wood harvested in BC has a high moisture content and if you build furniture out of it in Calgary (a desert climate) it sometimes warps violently as it dries. My furniture expert buddy is going to have a look at it to see if it is fixable. I'm ordering new windows and doors for the house which I will have installed just in time for summer.

Trips: Everyone is excited for harman and shan's wedding in Mexico which along side our 2 week Ontario trip (A'burg, Algonquin, Ottawa, Reunion) in Aug look to be our vacations for the year. My parents are currently in the British Virgin Islands sailing a 51ft boat around with a few other couples (unguided) sounds like a blast!

Well that's it for Dave's update--hope all is well with you! :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great pictures of Greyson! He looks like he will be a good guard/attack cat - as long as the attacker is a small cloth mouse!

- Dan

Anonymous said...

Great photos! I especially like the one with his mouse. Can't wait to meet him. Love Mom/Joyce