Monday, August 28, 2006

My first day at Providence

Today was my first day of work--finally--and well worth the wait. So far it seems like a great atmosphere: similar to working at Grandview with lots of women around the same age, and it seems a similarly positive attitude towards the kids and their families. The kids don't actually start pre-school until next week, so this week we have time for prep-work, a few in-services, and for me to read over my files and figure out what I'm supposed to be doing with the kids next week! I will be working with 3 different teachers, in 5 different classes: 2 pre-school/JK classes and 3 kindergarten/SK classes, and I will be involved in all of the day to day activities including gymtime, music, snack, toilet-training (!) with an expectation that I will assessing and "treating" kids on an ongoing basis in the classroom setting. It will certainly be a challenge, but seems like a lot of fun too. I keep thinking how glad I am to have found this profession--it is such a perfect fit for me, incorporating my love of kids with my interest in science/healthcare, creative "arts" and love of teaching! How lucky we are when we can find a job that we are truly passionate about that we can also get paid for! www.providencechildren.com

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like you really have found your calling! Love Mom and Dad