Sunday, August 13, 2006

Mini Vacation #4? ...Lake Louise





Today we started our bike ride at Chateau Lake Louise, and biked in to Ross Lake: a slightly smaller, much calmer/less busy lake about 7.5km from the Chateau. It was a great ride: not too much uphill, and not too technical, so I was able to manage without making Dave wait too long for me to catch up! It continues to amaze me that we live so close to the mountains: it took just over 2 hrs to drive back to Calgary from Lake Louise. What an amazing opportunity to "live, work and play" in such an incredible place!

For the next few weeks, I have one more week of "housewifeing" before competing in a triathlon in Strathmore on Sunday the 20th (see www.leapingdogracing.com ), then both Dave and I are off on separate trips, houseboating in the Shuswap (Okanagan, BC) on the last weekend in August before I start work on Aug 28th.
I'm really looking forward to starting work: being on a more regular daily schedule, meeting my colleagues, and especially spending time with the kids.
Thanks for following our adventures!!

No comments: