Sunday, May 11, 2008

Happy Mother's Day!

Happy Mother's Day to all! This year, luckily Mom (Jackson) was here the week before for some early celebrating, so on the actual day, I joined a handful of my coworkers to run 10km in Calgary in support of the local Neonatal Intensive Care Units and Special Care Nurseries. Unfortunately, I forgot my race pack (including T-shirt, number, and time chip!) at work, and so while it was a perfect day, and I was proud of my run and my time (after a year of not training!), there was no official record of me doing the run! A little anti-climatic, to say the least...But it was still a great day, and my entry fee went to a great cause...and if I couldn't share the day with either of my "Moms", at least I could do something special to recognize the day.
http://www.mdrunandwalk.com/default.aspx?city=calgary

(my time is not on here, but Cathryn Rowley who I ran with was at about the 1:02 mark, which should be about right for me).




Now this has given me added incentive to participate in the "Underwear Affair", run for cancers below the waist in a few weeks. Now that I know I can actually complete the 10k despite my lack of running for the past while, I'm really looking forward to actually "training" for this one and maybe even getting some sponsors? :) http://cl08.uncoverthecure.org/site/TR/Events/Calgary2008?px=1399290&pg=personal&fr_id=1090

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like a good day for the race